Seafrigo has a Customs Brokerage Division with a solid team of specialists capable of clearing a wide range of foodstuffs. With our In-house licensed customs broker, with more than 20+ years of experience, you can be assured that your company is in good hands. Our extensive knowledge of customs/food regulations combined with strong relationships within the governmental agencies (FDA, USDA, CBP, Etc.) give us the capability to help our customers navigate complex regulatory matters.
We are also proud members of the New York/New Jersey Freight Forwarders and Brokers Association (NYNJFFBA) with representation on the Board of Directors.
On time and accurate clearances are vital to keep your perishable commodities moving on time.
Our Benchmark Services
- Oceanfreight and airfreight clearances
- Remote Location Filing – we can file entries in any US port from one central location.
- Section 321 clearances
- ISF Filings
- FDA Prior Notice and clearances
- FSIS Clearances
- USDA Clearances
- TTB Clearances
- Fish & Wildlife Clearances
- AMS (Agricultural Marketing Services) Clearances
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) Clearances
- Single Entry Bonds
- ISF Bonds
- Customs Annual Bond Filing
- Knowledge of all government agency regulations (FDA, USDA, FSIS, NOAA, FWS)
- Knowledge of all CBP Regulatory matters
- FSMA – Food Safety Modernization Act
- FSVP – Foreign Supplier Verification Program.
- BKIP – Broker Known Importer Program
- Knowledge of Import Quota requirements
- Knowledge of Import Dairy Licensing requirements.
- Knowledge of USDA PPQ and VS import permit requirements.
- LACF – Low Acid Canned Foodstuff
- Proficient in documentation requirements for all kinds of foodstuffs (dairy, seafood, canned foods, etc…)
Experience with Foodstuff
- Dairy products – cheese, cream, dairy related products
- Bakery items – bread, pastry, cakes, etc..
- Various Frozen Foodstuff – prepared meals, specialty items
- Wine & Spirits
- Condiments – sauces, spreads, jams, etc..
- Canned Foodstuff
- Fruits & Vegetables – fresh and frozen
- Meat and meat products
- Binding Rulings
- Tariff Classifications
- Import Consultations by request
- Automated messaging – real time emails of your cargo clearances
- Track and Trace on our website