Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for assuring that warehouse processes are consistent. You will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits. The goal is to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall market value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise day-to-day operations in the warehouse
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection
- Ensures receiving reports accurately report material received.
- Resolves discrepancies with customers regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry.
- Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and train employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Must have a solid work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Excellent customer service, and a service centered demeanor required
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and change direction mid-stream
- Good problem solving skills ; ability to visualize a problem or situation and be creative to find solutions
- Must be physically able to lift heavy loads on a seasonal basis and loads of up to 70-80 pounds on a regular basis
B.S. or B.A. degree in business management, industrial management or related field; 3 to 5 years of experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment, with 2 years of supervisory experience. Able to read, write and understand English.