Regional Truck Driver
The regional commercial driver is responsible for transporting frozen and/or refrigerated goods to various locations using Company trucks or tractor-trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver goods while operating a commercial truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states
- Keep a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety
- Maintain a clean work environment and equipment.
- Check tire pressure and ensure that there is enough fuel
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators
- Load and unload cargo
- Report to dispatch any incidents encountered on the road
- Follow all applicable traffic laws and DOT regulations
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs
- Take rest periods during trip
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Must be able to lift at least 50-70lbs and to push pull a pallet jack with up to 2500lbs of freight
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadline, and manage changing priorities
- Ability to complete all medical and safety screening
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Minimum 3 years’ experience or equivalent driving a Class B commercial vehicle. Clean MVR. No DUI/DWI, careless or reckless driving within the past 10 years, and 3 points or less. Basic knowledge of trucking units and refrigerated cargo. Fluency in English both orally and written.