The primary role of the Logistics Coordinator is to manage customer service, operations on shipments in all modes originating in Canada, United States and Mexico.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financials including but not limited to cost breaks, estimates, vendor invoice, and customer invoicing and reporting.
- Monthly financial reporting for shipments moved
- Customer Service
- Dispatch – including but not limited to truckload, intermodal, less than truckload, consolidation and deconsolidation activities.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Monitor daily activities and offerings.
- Display original thinking and creativity while generating suggestions for improving work, developing innovative approaches and ideas and meeting challenges with resourcefulness
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, schedules, i.e. varied formats
- Be a results-oriented team player
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize the Transportation Management System for all shipments
- Manage your customers to a high level of operational performance and customer service
- Lead by example, set a high energy level in the organization
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, vendors and carriers
- Prepare management reports as required
- Complete or assist with miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts as required