Commercial Long Haul Driver
The Long Haul commercial driver is responsible for transporting frozen and/or refrigerated goods to various locations using Company trucks or tractor-trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Load and unload cargo
- Obtain signatures from the party to whom the goods have been delivered to
- Maintain a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators
- Keep a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety
- Maintain a clean work environment and equipment.
- Check tire pressure and ensure that there is enough fuel
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Make sure that the goods are piled up in a secure manner so that they do not accidently fall and get damaged en-route.
- Listens, follows directions and communicate well with customers and team members
- Adaptable to change in environment
- Other duties when assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Must be able to lift at least 50-70lbs and to push pull a pallet jack with up to 2500lbs of freight
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Must have a solid work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadline, and manage changing priorities
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must obtain a valid commercial driver’s license. Ability to use transportation and delivery technologies. Driving record within MVR policy guidelines, no DUI/DWI, careless or reckless driving within the past 10 years, and 3 points or less. Basic knowledge of trucking units and refrigerated cargo. Fluency in English both orally and written. Able to drive heavy duty trucks for long periods of time and to be very agile with a great ability to sit and drive for long hours.